EVENT: 2015 Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo Invades SoCal with Over 10 Acres of Everything Off Road
The 2015 Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo powered by General Tire brings all-things off-road to Fairplex, in Pomona on Saturday, October 3, through Sunday, October 4. This year’s expo will feature the hottest off-road vehicles, products and accessories, as well as Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing demos, Rubicon Trail off-road ride alongs, UTV test drives, radio control off-road vehicle demos, autograph signings, bikini contests and more! With more than 300 aftermarket performance vendors and more than 60,000 enthusiasts, Fairplex will burst with a 10-acre off-road party, October 3-4.
In addition to the line-up of customized trucks, Jeeps, UTVs, ATVs, side-by-sides, dirt bikes, sand rails and rock crawlers, the expo will come to life with exciting features and entertainment including:
- Rubicon Trail – Off-Road Vehicle Ride Alongs – Expo attendees will get a taste of the infamous Rubicon Trail, as Jeeps are pushed to the limit on a thrilling off-road course. Professional drivers will take interested off-road fans on ride alongs in Jeeps equipped with all the latest performance accessories from Pro Comp, Rubicon Express, G2 Axle & Gear and Smittybilt. The course will feature a 40-ft long rock barrier, steep incline/decline, high leaning curve and articulation moguls! Additionally, Pro Off-Road racer Jason Scherer will make a special appearance and take his new Ultra 4 buggy, dubbed “The Gavel” for a few hot laps on the Rubicon Trail!
- Radio Control Vehicle Demonstrations – Attendees of all ages are invited watch the professionals at Horizon Hobby test out the latest RC off road vehicles and rock crawlers at the MAV TV Proving Grounds.
- SHOW-N-SHINE - Hot 4x4s on display from Off Road Expo fans! Is your daily driver truck, jeep or SUV worthy of being on display all weekend in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Show-N-Shine Corral? Watch www.Facebook.com/offroadexpo for ways you can register in September.
- DragonFire Racing Ride Alongs – Take a spin in the latest UTV products from DragonFire Racing with a professional driver.
- SCORE Baja 1000 Exhibit– This tribute to the SCORE Baja Legends will include displays of vintage and current desert racing vehicles, as well as a plethora of autograph sessions with past and present racing legends on Saturday, October 3 and Sunday, October 4, from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. SCORE will also host the live draw and unveiling of the official course map for the 48th Annual Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, on Saturday, October 3, at 3 p.m.
- Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing & Modified Kart demos at the MAV TV Proving Grounds – Title sponsor Lucas Oil returns with the high-powered, high-jumping race trucks from the Pro 4 Unlimited and Pro 2 Unlimited classes racing at the MAV TV Proving Grounds. Professional drivers will demonstrate the capabilities of these amazing 800-plus horsepower V8-powered machines, on a closed circuit course along with their high powered modified kart demos all weekend.
- Professional Off-Roader Racers and Celebrities – Racing legends will sign autographs and greet fans throughout the weekend. Visit www.OffRoadExpo.com for a full schedule of celebrity appearances.
- Off-Road Performance Marketplace – More than 300 off-road vendors will fill the expo with 10-acres of the latest in 4x4 aftermarket parts, accessories, services and the latest industry innovations.
- Miss Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo Bikini Contest – On Sunday, October 4, the Budweiser Stage will host beautiful bikini-clad women competing for a cash prize, tiara and “Miss Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo” title.
- Live Music on the Budweiser Stage – From rock to reggae, stop by the stage and rock out with live music all weekend long.
The 2015 Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo powered by General Tire will take place Saturday, October 3, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, October 4, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at Fairplex, located at 1101 W. McKinley Avenue in Pomona, Calif. Advance discount tickets are available beginning in early September at O'Reilly Auto Parts for $13 adults and $6 children (ages 6-12). Kids 5 and under are free. Tickets may also be purchased online at www.OffRoadExpo.com or on-site for $15 adults, $6 children. A Family Four Pack is available for $28 and includes admission for two adults, and two children (available online only through Friday, October 2).