B$Z: Tahoe Donner Season Passes and Programs on Sale Now
Season passes for both Tahoe Donner Downhill and Cross Country Ski Areas are now available for the 2015-2016 season at discounted rates (adult passes start at just $304 for the public and $229 for Tahoe Donner members). As always, those under the age of 6 or over 70 may enjoy either ski resort for free. Additionally, Tahoe Donner’s ever-popular kids’ programs with after school and weekend availability are on sale now too. From now through Nov. 30, 2015, skiers who purchase 2015-2016 season passes and programs will save the most.
Why Tahoe Donner Downhill?
· Best place to begin, and continue learning – Ski and snowboard packages are designed for all ability levels. Children as young as 3 years of age can learn to ski on Tahoe Donner’s slopes. There is easy terrain for beginners to start on and a trail system that helps skiers to progress.
· Convenient location – Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area is only 10 minutes from downtown Truckee and 25 minutes from North Lake Tahoe. It is easily accessible off Interstate 80 from Reno or San Francisco.
· Family-friendly – A variety of family services are available including interchangeable lift tickets for parents with non-skiing children, retail outlets, terrain parks for three ability levels, and a child-friendly menu in the cafeteria.
· New Snowmaking for 2015/2016 - After careful consideration and review of past winter seasons, the team at Tahoe Donner broke ground for snowmaking construction in August 2015 to provide potentially longer ski season for guests.
“With beautifully groomed runs and courteous staff, Tahoe Donner Downhill welcomes all ages to come and enjoy our wide open bowls and uncrowded slopes,” said Robert McClendon, Downhill Ski Area manager. The downhill area has two chairlifts and three magic carpets to access the skiable terrain. A yurt near the base area offers an indoor/outdoor slopeside area for breaks during lessons. The ski lodge and sundeck are great places to relax and view the action, with fire pits and comfy couches.
Why Tahoe Donner Cross Country?
· Brand new state-of-the-art facility – Debuting this season is a brand new facility, offering streamlined rental services, new wax rooms and locker rooms, improved food and beverage service, and expanded indoor and outdoor seating with fire pits, among other upgrades.
· Terrain for all abilities – Skiers can glide through beautiful meadows with easy beginner terrain, climb up challenging peaks or fly down exciting descents. With over 100 kilometers of trails groomed daily, there is something to meet every skier’s need.
· Convenient location – Located just minutes from Interstate 80, Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Area is the closest ski area to the town of Truckee. Season passholders can ski from 7 a.m. daily (weather permitting) and the trails stay open until 5 p.m.
“Cross Country skiing is a great outdoor workout for the winter months,” said Sally Jones, Cross Country Ski Area manager. “The fresh air, nature and wonderful scenery make Tahoe Donner a great place to keep fit.”
To learn more about season passes and programs, visit www.tahoedonner.com.