EVENT: The 2015 Nike SB Super Crown World Championship Arrives in Chicago
The 2015 Street League Skateboarding (SLS) Nike SB Super
Crown World Championship is set to arrive at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, IL,
on October 4 for the winner-takes-all climax of the 2015 SLS Nike SB World
Tour. Concluding the world’s most prestigious skateboarding competition series,
this official street skateboarding world championship as recognized by the
International Skateboarding Federation (ISF) brings together sixteen of the
best street skateboarders to lay it all on the line for the ultimate title of
A first in professional competition street skateboarding,
eight of the world’s top females will now join the Tour in the Women’s Division
and compete for the ultimate title and the highest first-place prize in women’s
street skateboarding – a $30,000 purse
and one-of-a-kind Nixon watch. Chosen for their professional performance over
the past year and overall regard as leaders in women’s skateboarding, the
line-up competing for the first-ever female title of SLS Nike SB Super Crown
World Champion will consist of Leticia Bufoni, Lacey Baker, Pamela Rosa,
Samarria Brevard, Alexis Sablone, Vanessa Torres, Marisa Dal Santo, and Alana
Through an intense season of high-stakes contests, the top
SLS Pros from around the world battled for Championship Points and express
Golden Tickets in an effort to make the cut for the 2015 SLS Nike SB Super
Crown World Championship. With a $200,000 first-place prize purse, custom-made
Nixon watch and the coveted title of Champ up for grabs, an already
jaw-dropping Tour is set to conclude with the shortlist of this year’s best
athletes holding nothing back. In order of Season Standings, the Top Eight SLS
Pros for the coming SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Championship are Luan
Oliveira, Nyjah Huston, Kelvin Hoefler, Chaz Ortiz, Paul Rodriguez, Shane
O’Neill, Cody McEntire and Chris Cole.
The top stories of elite street skateboarding leading into
the 2015 SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Championship are:
• Nike SB Pro Luan Oliveira is looking strong to sweep the
2015 season and claim his first title of World Champion, having won the first
event of the season – the newly incorporated Tampa Pro, which was installed as
the North American Qualifier preceding the official arena Tour – as well as the
Los Angeles and Newark arena Stops.
• Reigning Champ Nyjah Huston took the win at the SLS Nike SB Pro Open in Barcelona this year, and has since taken second place at each arena Stop. With such high stakes at the coming contest, can he outshine Luan Oliveira to be the first to win back-to-back SLS World Champion titles?
• Chaz Ortiz has consistently kept the pressure on throughout the year, placing in the top five at every event so far. Having qualified for the Super Crown through accrued Championship Points from his strong performances by Stop Two of the Tour, can he finally leverage his hometown advantage to take the title in Chicago?
• Two of the Top Eight making the Super Crown shortlist – Kelvin Hoefler and Cody McEntire – are newcomer SLS Rookies, earning their way into Tour at the 2015 Tampa Pro and 2015 SLS Nike SB Pro Open. Hoefler is currently sitting in third place overall against veteran SLS Pros, having made the Finals in Los Angeles and taking third in Newark. Virtually unknown prior to the Tour but now making their presence known, could this be the year of the SLS Rookie?
• Currently sitting in fifth place on the Leader Board and returning for his fifth Super Crown event, Nike SB Pro and SLS veteran Paul Rodriguez has raised the bar in street skateboarding many times over. While this season’s rivalries will see many of the SLS Pros going trick-for-trick, PRod’s cool and calculated approach could well put him on top of the podium for his first World Championship win.
• Nike SB Pro Shane O'Neill rolled into seventh place at the Tampa Pro, the Nike SB Pro Open and the Newark Stop, maintaining a place among the Top Eight throughout the Tour. With his performance improving with every season, last year’s overall fourth place should see him on the podium at this year’s culminating event.
• Not having made the Top Eight last year, veteran SLS Pro and 2013 SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Champion Chris Cole has made a strong comeback this season. Although going into the October 4 contest in eighth position, he’s one of two in the line-up who already know what it takes to win the title and will certainly be using this to his advantage.
• As the first-ever world championship in women’s professional skateboarding, it’s anyone’s guess who will take the title.
The SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Championship will kick off with the Women’s Division being webcasted live around the world on StreetLeague.com on October 4 starting at 2:45pm ET. FS1 will be live telecasting the 2015 SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Championship in Chicago live on October 4 at 5:00pm ET with an international webcast available on StreetLeague.com.
In partnership with FS1, the Women’s Division will have its own dedicated one-hour premiere telecast on FS1 and FOX Sports GO on October 18 at 4:00pm ET.
Fans in the United States can watch the 2015 SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Championship on FS1 and customers of participating cable and satellite TV providers may access the live stream of the Tour stops through the FOX Sports GO app for iOS, Android, Windows and Kindle devices, as well as on desktops through FOXSportsGO.com. International fans can catch entire the official live webcast exclusively on StreetLeague.com.
SLS NIKE SB WORLD TOUR DATES AND VENUES:
• October 4 2015 SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Championship | UIC Pavilion | Chicago, IL FS1 TELECAST SCHEDULE: 2015 SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Championship: LIVE: Sunday, October 4 (5 PM ET – 7 PM ET) 2015 SLS Nike SB Super Crown World Championship: Women’s Division Premiere: Sunday, October 18 (4 PM ET – 5 PM ET)
For more information visit StreetLeague.com. For all media inquiries contact Sarah Bronilla at VOCAL: Sarah@VOCALnyc.com or John Stouffer at FOX Sports: John.Stouffer@FOX.com.