EVENT: Race Director Track at TBI Conference Focuses on Issues and Needs of Today's Event Producers
Triathlon Business International (TBI), an industry organization dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon, today announced the panels and speakers that will address the needs and issues faced by today's race directors. Trends and predictions in event planning, pricing, International expansion, new concepts, risks, legal issues, volunteers and more will be discussed in general sessions and breakouts during the 6th Annual TBI Conference January 24-26 in Marina del Rey, CA.
General and breakout sessions specific to race directors include:
- Commercial Event Management - The Future as We See it (General session panel discussion)
- Hiding in Plain Sight: Legal Issues For Race Directors and Professional Athletes (General session panel)
- Guiding Decisions Through Insights From the Past (Breakout speaker)
- Top 10 Items Every Race Director Should Know (Breakout panel)
The speakers and panelists who will be addressing race directors
- Staci Brode, owner, Playtri; USA Triathlon Boardmember
- Jack Caress, president, Pacific Sports; president TBI
- Ryan Coelho, president, USA Productions
- Kat Donatello, race director, Pumpkinman Triathlon, USAT Board of Directors
- Kelly Burns Gallagher, Esq.
- Jenna Ginsberg, president, All Sports Events
- Dave McGillvrary, founder, DMSE Sports; race director, Boston Marathon
- Andrew Messick, CEO, IRONMAN
- Sam Renouf, general manager, Endurance Sports, ACTIVE Network
- Travis Snyder, founder/CEO, The Color Run
- Steve Tomboni, CEO, AmericanMultisport
- Mark Walter, president, Sun Multisport
The TBI Conference will be packed full of information, opportunities and networking for everyone in the business and sport of triathlon. This is where the business of triathlon will get done. More speakers and content will be announced in the coming weeks.
The Ron Smith Awards Celebration reception and dinner on Monday night includes the announcement of the Ron Smith Award winner, the Steve Hed Award winner; and other exciting awards in the event, retailer, video and media categories.
- Oct. 21 - Nov. 30: $399 TBI members / $499 non-members (member number is required to register at member rate)
- Dec. 1 - Jan. 10: $575 members / $675 non-members (member number is required to register at member rate)
- Jan. 11 and after: $675 members / $775 non-members
Registration fees include all sessions, breakfast, lunches and a ticket to the Ron Smith Awards Celebration. Nonmember registration includes a one-year TBI membership.
Conference registration opens at 1PM Sunday, January 24, with the first session at 3PM. The conference wraps up on Tuesday, January 26 at 12:30PM.
Special conference room rates are available at the conference host hotel the Marina del Rey Marriott.
Companies interested in conference sponsorship or Expo space should contact Shannon Standefer.
Sponsors of the 2016 TBI Conference include The ACTIVE Network, Headsweats, Endurance Sportswire, Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN), Quintana Roo, Bonk Breaker and Endurance Films. TBI Corporate Partners are Ashworth Awards and FinisherPix.
Conference details and online registration are available at http://www.triathlonbusinessintl.com/2016-la-conference.html
TBI on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates on the 2016 conference and
information on our members. If you haven't signed up for the TBI newsletter,
you can do it on the home page of the TBI website.