Tahoe Donner Winter Season Passes and Programs on Sale This Week
Season passes for both the Tahoe Donner Downhill and Cross Country Ski Areas go on sale this Wednesday, September, 15 for the 2016-2017 winter season. Early season rates are valid through November 30, 2016.
· Tahoe Donner Downhill passes start at $304 for adults.
· Tahoe Donner Cross Country passes start at $319 for adults.
· Tahoe Donner Combo passes start at just $419 for adults.
New this winter, the Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Area is offering a snowshoe only season pass and a fat bike season pass on sale for $200 each at the early season rate.
Guests under the age of 6 always ski free and seniors over 60 receive discounted passes at either resort. Guests ages 70 and older ski free at the downhill area. Additionally, Tahoe Donner’s popular kids’ programs with after school and weekend availability are on sale this week too.
Why Tahoe Donner Downhill?
- Best Place to Begin, and Continue Learning – Ski and snowboard packages are designed for all ability levels. Children as young as 3 years of age can learn to ski on Tahoe Donner’s slopes. There is easy terrain for beginners to start on and a trail system that helps skiers to progress.
- Convenient Location – The Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area is only 10 minutes from downtown Truckee and 25 minutes from North Lake Tahoe. It is easily accessible off Interstate 80 from Reno or San Francisco.
- Family-Friendly – The resort offers gentle
sloping, open terrain for all ages, plus a variety of family services including
a centrally-located ski lodge, retail outlets, terrain parks for three ability
levels, and a child-friendly menu in the cafeteria.
- Continued Snowmaking for 2016/2017 – The installation of Tahoe Donner’s new state-of-the-art snowmaking system was completed last winter, allowing for a potentially earlier and longer winter season.
“Coming off last season’s record-setting winter, we’re ready and excited for another great season,” said Robert McClendon, Downhill Ski Area manager. “Our groomed runs combined with wide-open bowls and professional learning programs provide an uncrowded ski and ride experience for all ages.”
The downhill area provides two chairlifts and three magic carpets to access 120 acres of skiable terrain including 17 runs and three terrain parks. A 700 square-foot yurt near the base area offers an indoor/outdoor slopeside area for breaks during lessons. The ski lodge and sundeck are great places to relax and view the action, with fire pits and comfy couches.
Why Tahoe Donner Cross Country?
- New Terrain – The recent acquisition of Crabtree Canyon will provide 640 new acres and approximately 16 additional kilometers of advanced cross country terrain this winter for skiers.
- New State-of-the-Art Facility – This winter will be the second season of full operations for the Alder Creek Adventure Center. The enhanced base facility offers streamlined rental services, new wax rooms and locker rooms, improved food and beverage service, and expanded indoor and outdoor seating with fire pits, among other upgrades.
- Terrain for all Abilities – Skiers can glide through beautiful meadows with easy beginner terrain, climb up challenging peaks or fly down exciting descents. With over 100 kilometers of trails and daily grooming, there is something to meet every skier’s need.
- Convenient Location – Located just minutes from Interstate 80, Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Area is the closest ski area to the town of Truckee.
- Passholder Perks – Season passholders can ski from 7 a.m. daily, (weather and conditions permitting), which is a full hour and a half earlier than the resort opens to the public. The trails stay open until 5 p.m. Additionally, season passholders enjoy benefits on retail and food and beverage throughout the season.
“We’re honored to have been voted North Tahoe and Truckee’s Best Cross Country Ski Center by readers of the Sierra Sun newspaper this year,” said Sally Jones, Cross Country Ski Area manager. “Nordic and cross country skiing is great way to enjoy the outdoors with family and friends, while getting terrific exercise at the same time.”
Tahoe Donner homeowners received additional discounted rates on the Tahoe Donner Downhill, Cross Country and Combo season passes. To learn more about season passes and programs, visit www.tahoedonner.com.
About Tahoe Donner:
Tahoe Donner is one of America’s largest homeowner’s associations, with nearly 6,500 properties and 25,000 members enjoying over 7,000 acres in the Sierra Nevada. Tahoe Donner is a vibrant community with a passion for outdoor recreation and a celebration of the Tahoe lifestyle.
Located 25 minutes from Lake Tahoe in Truckee, California, Tahoe Donner operates a wide variety of recreational facilities, including an award-winning championship golf course, a family-friendly downhill ski area, and a renowned cross country ski area with a newly constructed, state-of-the-art base lodge —all of which are open to the public. In addition, Tahoe Donner operates several member-only facilities, such as a beach club marina, recreation center and pools. These amenities can be explored in detail at Tahoedonner.com.