American Honda Honors Top Performing Suppliers for 2016
September 14, 2016
TORRANCE, CA - September 14, 2016 - Fifteen suppliers received American Honda's Premier Partner Award from president & CEO Toshiaki Mikoshiba in a special ceremony held today in Torrance, Calif. This year's award recipients were selected from a pool of more than 1,000 eligible companies nominated by American Honda associates.
The Premier Partner Award winners represent multiple industries and include small businesses and minority-owned operations. These suppliers play an important role in supporting Honda businesses and operations, including Honda and Acura automobiles, automobile engines and transmissions, Honda all-terrain vehicles, power equipment products and general purpose engines. Twelve of this year's 15 recipients are repeat winners.
"This outstanding group of Premier Partner Award recipients embodies Honda's philosophy of exceeding customer expectations," said Charles Harmon, American Honda's senior manager of procurement and corporate services. "They are critical members of the extended Honda family, and we thank them for their dedication to exceptional quality and service."
The 2016 American Honda Premier Partner Award recipients are:
· Altura Associates, Inc. of Irvine, Calif. for providing consulting and development services for the Honda Environmental Leadership "Green Dealer" Program
· Atlantic Container Line AB of Westfield, N.J. for providing international transporting services
· BI Worldwide of Minneapolis for development and execution of customer engagement programs
· Brando, Inc. of Dana Point, Calif. for providing experiential marketing services for the motorcycle and UTV/ATV segments
· CDK Global of Hoffman Estates, Ill. for providing business management solutions for our powersports and marine dealers
· CSI Group of Mexico for international logistics and transportation services
· CSX Transportation of Jacksonville, Fla. for railway transportation services
· Intrapromote, LLC of Hudson, Ohio for search engine optimization expertise and support
· Jackson Dawson of Dearborn, Mich. for providing dealer training and marketing solutions
· RR Donnelley of Chicago for the development and production, as well as the storing and shipping, of Monroney labels
· Sinclair Printing Company of Los Angeles for printing and delivery of informational materials in our vehicles
· Targetbase of Irving, Texas for marketing strategy and consultation, and development and management of proprietary customer databases
· Tyco Integrated Security of Boca Raton, Fla. for providing electronic security services
· Urban Science of Detroit for developing online systems that support customer retention
· Virginia Transportation Corp. of West Warwick, R.I. for providing finished vehicle transportation services in the United States and Canada.
Supporting Small Businesses and Supplier Diversity
Honda is committed to the establishment of long-term relationships with all of its suppliers based on mutual benefit and trust. We work to bring greater diversity to our supply base by assisting potential ethnic minority and women-owned suppliers with workshops and other educational opportunities. The workshops provide a greater understanding of a variety of important issues including strategic alliances, capitalization and empowerment programs.
Honda established operations in America in 1959 and now employs more than 40,000 associates in its North American sales, R&D and manufacturing operations with total capital investment in North America exceeding $22 billion. Based on its longstanding commitment to "build products close to the customer" Honda began building power sports products in America in 1979 and now operates 16 major manufacturing facilities in North America producing a wide range of Honda and Acura automobiles, automobile engines and transmissions, Honda all-terrain vehicles, power equipment products, such as lawn mowers, mini-tillers and general purpose engines, and the HondaJet advanced light jet. Honda also operates 16 major research and development centers in the U.S. with the capacity to fully design, develop and engineer many of the products Honda produces in North America.
Source: American Honda Motor Co., Inc.