Introducing Outside TV Features: A New On-Demand Video Service for Adventure Sports Films
Outside TV has launched Outside TV Features, a new subscription video on-demand service showcasing a wide-ranging, unique collection of full-length adventure sports films. Starting December 22, Outside TV Features will offer on-demand access to a robust collection of premiere titles from around the world on Amazon Channels for $4.99 / month. Additional platforms for the service will be available in 2017 and will be announced at a later date.
Outside TV has assembled a line-up that includes buzzed-about, must-see features and unique, discoverable films with stunning cinematography and stories unheard. Outside TV Features showcases the stories of the world’s most accomplished athletes, filmmakers and adventure-seekers in skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, motocross, biking, climbing, wingsuit, slacklining and more. Featured athletes and adventurers include surf legend Kelly Slater, skateboard icon Paul Rodriguez, motocross legend Travis Pastrana, SUP sensation Kai Lenny, 2016 World Surf League (WSL) champion John John Florence, renowned wingsuit pilot Jeb Corliss, among many others.
“As the digital video landscape continues to rapidly evolve, Outside TV remains committed to fostering partnerships with new and existing platforms to deliver quality content to our viewers in innovative ways,” said Mark Burchill, CEO, Outside TV. “We’re pleased to be working with Amazon Channels, reaching consumers wherever they are.”
Rob Faris, general manager, Outside TV Features added, “This unique collection of featured films is a celebration of the achievements and talent of some of the world’s top filmmakers and athletes who have pushed the limits of what was thought possible. From day one, we have been committed to showcasing the best content in the adventure sports category, and we are immensely proud to share these unique stories with a new audience.”
The first wave of Outside TV Features titles launching on December 22, 2016 is as follows:
- View From a Blue Moon – Surf film featuring John John Florence and his closest friends from his home on the North Shore of Oahu to his favorite surfing destinations around the globe.
- We are Blood – Modern day skate epic featuring Paul Rodriguez and other top skateboarders as they travel the globe pushing the limits of what’s possible on four wheels.
- Unreal – Glacial walls transform into mountain bike trails, weather elements and thousand pound mammals become riding partners.
- Paradise Waits – Ski and Snowboard from the award-winning filmmaking crew that brought you 2014's Almost Ablaze.
- Action Figures – Modern-day athletes (Travis Pastrana, Josh Sheehan, Jolene Von Vugt) in an ode to the old school action sports videos and a bold step forward in filmmaking and extreme human performance.
- Psychic Migrations – Directed by veteran surf filmmaker Ryan Thomas and featuring Kelly Slater, this film was shot on location in the West Indies, East Indies, Australia, Polynesia, and Central and South America.
- Flying Dagger – The inspiring tell-all feature about wingsuit pilot Jeb Corliss, his accident, miraculous survival, redemption, journey to face his demons, to fulfill his dreams and strong determination to make them a reality.
- Into the Mind - With stunning cinematography and groundbreaking storytelling techniques, the Sherpas blur the lines between dream state and reality, and immerse you into the mind of a common skier as he attempts to climb and ski the ultimate mountain.
- Untethered – Slacklining and highlining in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- The Sammy C Project – The recipient of two 2016 Powder Awards, this film is about Sammy Carlson who abruptly stepped away from competition and dropped out of the Olympic rat race – even as slopestyle skiing was about to make its Winter Olympic debut. His newfound focus landed in the backcountry, where his drive and creativity could max out far beyond the limits of preset slopestyle courses.
- The SUP Movie – Follow Kai Lenny and the best stand-up paddlers paired with leading action sports cinematographers as they travel around the globe chasing the world’s most perfect waves as well as capturing unique perspectives from all facets of this growing sport
- Sierra Quitiquit: How Did I Get Here - From humble beginnings, complex family dynamics and tragic, life-changing events, to her unlikely rise to success in two very different worlds: fashion modeling and professional skiing. “How Did I Get Here” is a coming-of-age story, full of adventure, exploration, heartbreak, growth and inspiration.
- Supertramps: Thailand – Seven friends including Benj Cave, Max Cave and Kody Kerbox push the limits of their comfort zone as they endure twenty-eight days with no plans, accommodation or money in South East Asia.
Outside TV Features will continue to add new releases and exclusive titles to its collection throughout the year. For the most update information, go to OutsideTV.com.
About Outside TV
Outside TV is the leading multiplatform video content provider in the adventure sports category. Outside TV’s national cable channel is the only national 24/7 network dedicated to the active adventure lifestyle. Nominated for two Sports Emmy Awards in 2016, the network's high quality HD programming features a wide variety of adventure sports and is available nationwide through major providers including Comcast XFINITY, Dish Network, Cox Communications, CenturyLink, RCN, Sling TV and Sony’s PlayStation Vue. Outside TV Features is a new subscription video service showcasing a premier collection of adventure sports films available on-demand through Amazon Channels. Outside TV Studios is an award-winning brand integration production house creating custom content for top marketers. Outside TV Digital is the leading aggregator and distributor of short-form adventure sports content across multiple digital and social platforms with a library of over 4,000 clips.