Creative Design Director at OneUnitedUSA: Manchester United Membership and Supporters Club of America
Currently: Senior Designer and Team Leader at Cox Media Group Newspaper Shared Services
Location: Dayton OHShare profile
My passion is design. Few things thrill me more than sitting back and seeing a clean, tightly designed page at the end of the night. I have a heavy interest in Adobe products, both in their ability to crossover between one another and the future that offers for the industry. At work, I primarily use InDesign, InCopy and Photoshop from CS1 and CS5 while at home I have CS2, CS4 and CS6 to design my own projects. My overall goal is to continue my work in print media with an emphasis on learning different design trends and techniques incorporated both by fellow designers and other publications. Though there is no singular right way to prepare a quality page, there are many ideas and I believe a knowledge of as many as possible can only help to enhance my skills. Specialties: InDesign, Photoshop, InCopy, Acrobat Pro, DTI, News Edit Pro, Quark XPress, Mac Mail, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Entourage, Mac OSX Tiger through Lion, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iWeb, iPhoto and Garageband.
Interests & GroupsEdit
- Soccer and world football (MANCHESTER UNITED)
- magazine and newspaper design
- Apple products
- Adobe training (InDesign
- music and concert industry trends
- sociology and social psychology trends
- new technology
- Playstation 3
- and bass guitar.
- I enjoy lecturing at both university and high school levels on journalism
- digital design and newspaper production. Recent engagements have included: Central State University Communications Week — Form and function of Adobe InDesign Wright State University — Creating a better news product and generating story ideas.