Technical Qualifications and Experience
• The primary technical support contact for Brandman University Chancellor Dr. Gary Brahm.
• A final technical support escalation point at Brandman University.
• Interfacing with hardware and software vendors and cabling contractors.
• Extensive experience supporting MS Windows 95-10, MS Office 97-2013 and 365/2016, Acrobat 7-XI, McAfee and ESET Antivirus, Symantec Ghost, Acronis True Image, MS SCCM Client, various business, academic, statistical, and scientific applications.
• Extensive experience imaging, configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, and repairing Dell and Lenovo desktops and laptops, and initiating warranty repairs when necessary.
• Extensive experience installing and supporting Juniper and 3Com Ethernet switches, Meraki wireless APs, UTP cabling, and resolving network connectivity issues.
• Experience using Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers to manage PCs, OUs, user accounts, passwords, and security and distribution groups.
• Using RDP, TightVNC, TeamViewer, LogMeIn, and UNC paths for remote support.
• Using 5 ITIL compliant ITSM systems – BMC, LANDesk, LiveTime, SCSM, and SysAid.
• Supporting Nortel IP phones and using Nortel BCM Element Manager to manage the Brandman University IP phone system.
• Supporting iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and Palm Treo smartphones.
• Updating floor plans in Acrobat to identify data jack, AP, MPOE, MDF and IDF locations.
• Researching, developing, and writing equipment policies, SOPs, checklists, instructions, documentation, and knowledge base articles.
• Supporting Windows Server NT 4.0 – 2008 R2, primarily as file and DHCP servers.
Customer Service and Other Qualifications
• Exceptionally strong customer service orientation and skills.
• Experienced and adept at dealing with difficult or irate end-users and delicate situations.
• Kind, patient, calm, responsive, amiable, positive attitude, and a good sense of humor.
• Trained 6 technicians emphasizing that customer service is always the #1 priority.
• Dependable, resourceful, and need little supervision.
• Can focus on details without losing sight of the big picture.
• Able to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly.
• Recognize maintaining data security and confidentiality as critical functions.
• Enjoy sharing knowledge, and skills, and mentoring junior technicians.
• HDI SCA (4/2012 – 77350SCAEXAM_WT)
• CompTIA Network+ (12/2008 – COMP10013839)
• CompTIA A+ (7/1998 – C0ADTT4853)
• Microsoft MCP – IPv4 Networking (6/1998)
• Novell CNE NetWare 5 (1/2000 – EQV0060335)
• Novell CNE IntraNetWare 4 (2/1999 – EQV0060334)
• Novell CNE NetWare 3 (8/1996 – EQV0060333)
• Novell CNA NetWare 3 (9/1995 – EXM0060750)
• Successfully convinced IT director at Peregrine Pharmaceuticals that Microsoft Forefront Endpoint provided inadequate protection. Recommended ESET Endpoint Antivirus and Malwarebytes Enterprise, which were purchased and deployed as a result.
• When interviewed at Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, was the only candidate to pass the competency assessment, which was to reassemble a dismantled laptop and resolve several intentionally introduced issues. Also, found two problems not purposely created.
• At Brandman University, vetted a number of enterprise class Ethernet switch brands and models to select the most appropriate for a 25 campus, university-wide upgrade. Recommended Juniper EX4200 Series layer 3 switches and enumerated 14 features that qualified them as the best choice. Successfully dissuaded the Director of IT from using NetGear switches.
• Only known person to have gotten College Board CLEP testing software to run reliably on a wireless network. The CLEP technical support staff was impressed as the only other University that had attempted this, abandoned the project because of the technical challenges.