Dear Hiring Manager:
I am interested in a Software Developer position with Amazon.
I am a Senior Systems Developer at the PGA TOUR. I am solely responsible for the design, development and support of mission critical web sites & applications that are able to communicate with modern and legacy data sources Here are some examples…
• Migrated dozens of AS400 based reports into Groovy/Grails applications.
• Groovy/Grails “CRUD” application development for managing AS400 database tables.
• Help Desk Ticket management system - workflow - email notifications – reports
• Web Site for Players – responsive mobile and desktop design.
• Employee Intranet Web Site - several data sources including Twitter JSON
• Web page reports generated from AS400 XML and XSL files
• Q-School Registration system - Shift4 Credit Card processing – Java Servlets
• Membership Renewal Web Site - Credit Card processing
I have over 12 years of technical experience working at Honda R&D.
Please review my enclosed resume'. I have experience with a wide range of programming languages, enterprise-wide solutions, and technologies. Most of my technical skills were self taught. I enjoy solving problems. I promote teamwork and encouraged cooperation among various groups. As such, I believe I could be a valuable asset to your company. I would be pleased to further discuss what I have to offer
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to have the opportunity to discuss the opening with you in person.