My name is Doug Christensen. I have produced many Carbon/Graphite designs from Stantion upgrade kits, to my "Stealth Forks" which appeared at the 1993 InterBike show & Mtn. Bike Action shootout where I received top rating. Also developed the "A-Thread Set" clamp on steering tube and threaded headset. Carbon steering tube supplied to Marzocchi for their Paris–Roubaix racing effort. Dropped 140 grams and added max stiffness with their crown and steering assembly. With my designs I wanted to destroy framesets, and have a track record as such. So I started welding up my own triangles using Reynolds tubesets purchased from Nova Cycle in San Jose. Then developed the first all aluminum swing arm with a pull shock to go with it. Rode it every weekend downhill'ing in Santa Cruz, and at Mammoth Mountain Kamikaze downhill. Also a very stiff carbon seat tube prototype to fit in my frameset sized 1 3/8 inch. Currently residing in College Station, TX. Considering a return back into the Bicycle Industry. I have posted my current resume for any prospective interests. Around 1993, I started a family and returning to a full time job, leaving a promising future. But these days, I still dream of placing my expertise into more bicycles & component designs, prototypes and then onto the retail market. Looking forward to discussing genuine opportunities in the very near future. ~ Doug
Interests & GroupsEdit
- Introducing Carbon/Graphite forged mandrel tubing with existing and new designs through prototype R&D projects moving to lighter
- stronger & faster Mountain & Road Racing & Biking
- Off Road Suspension
- Integrating electronics into the current platform.
- Any type of advanced material go-fast platform. Racing
- Outdoor Sports
- including fishing & even astronomy (is that a sport?)
- Non currently affiliated except Amateur Radio.