Shawn is an experienced project and operations professional. He has utilized his strong leadership skills to effectively implement initiatives to design and improve business processes, to include integration with enterprise strategic goals.
Shawn has specialized in projects developing business Project Management and Business Analysis practices. He has extensive experience in project management, eliciting and documenting stakeholder requirements, process modeling/mapping, process documentation, strategy implementation, vendor management, and training. He strives to create strong and effective relationships with his Business Partners, and ensuring solutions meet their business needs.
In leadership roles, Shawn has led teams to maximize productivity by setting clear expectations and proactively communicating project status, issues and risks to internal stakeholders and top management; creating and communicating clear and concise project objectives and tasks to the solutions team; fostering environments to support successful negotiation with clients, staff and outside vendors; nurture relationships with project sponsors as well as business and IT executives.
• Led creation of the roadmaps for the development of strategic business plans
• Developed methodology to determine tactical focus for strategic initiatives
• Developed criteria for strategic scoring of executive level enterprise goals
• Created a system for tabulation and analysis of the client key strategic initiatives and executive strategic perceptions
• Re-engineered the strategic project intake process to include scoring for RFI/RFP decision processes.
• Developed systemized deliverable templates to support strategic projects and client requests
• Created process for Enterprise Project Development Lifecycle management and reduced project initiation times by 15%
• Developed change management communication and led round table discussions for process socialization
• Developed Process Iteration Progression for migration from a legacy system to an updated cloud based application
• Created training materials and provided training and support for staff members
• Developed Key Success Factors (KSF) and standardized Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) for Executive goal based initiatives
• Led investigation and analysis into process efficiency and scalability with the primary outcome reducing total throughput time by 50%
• Developed processes stabilizing fiscal oversight that would create a decrease in Days Sales Outstanding, Average Days Paid, and Average Days Late while increasing available capital by 3.2%
Project Management and Analysis
• Created process documentation and maps to transition business areas from the legacy systems tools to a comprehensive enterprise level management system (CRM and ERP)
• Designed and created an interim software solution to bridge the transition from legacy desktop tools to a comprehensive enterprise level management system (CRM and ERP)
• Created process decomposition and flow to document practices and create recommendations for streamlining processes in anticipation of enterprise level software upgrade (Oracle)
• Provided second and third tier support (help desk) and training to client operational departments (CRM and ERP)
• Created conceptual and logical Cash Management models (SunGard)
• Provided due diligence analysis on company assets, equity positions, and executive initiatives
• Provided project management and analytics to remote and international offices
• Developed data management and reporting tool to track project based activity, escalations and exceptions
• Led training in procedures for creation of a Business Analysis Practice
• Managed projects or programs of up to 26 contributors and budgets up to $2.5 million and portfolios of up to $15 million
• Created the Business Analyst Practice within Enterprise Project Management Office policy and processes
• Lead development of Project Initiation processes, PMO Practice, and PMO governance
• Developed targeted Business Intelligence reporting to enhance operational activity and decision matrixes