Though I am a recent BBA graduate from Okanagan College in marketing, I have attained lots of experience in marketing, brand building, event planning/promotion, public relations, and sales (B2B and B2C). Here is a brake down of why I feel I am the strongest candidate for this position:
• My passion for entrepreneurship is exemplified in my premiere showing of Teton Gravity Research’s “UNREAL” and ski films through my event business, High Life Productions. For 5 continuous years, these events have entertained largely sold out audiences who are clearly in the Kelowna Tourism demographic. By event planning and working directly with national and local sponsorships, I have learned how to manage time and money to not go to waste and how to maximize my audience reach by earning free media and using Internet marketing to my advantage. By adhering to what the local market wants, I can confidently say I have sold over eight film events from near max occupancy to SOLD OUT.
• I am passionate about helping people find what they are looking for. From working retail in sporting goods stores I have learned why people choose to come to Kelowna for the sports they enjoy and how to assist them to compliment their stay with many of the things that Kelowna has to offer.
• I care for people in need and so, to help families in distress, I co-managed the Chocoholic 5km Frolic event (this past Easter) to benefit the Elizabeth Fry Society that provides support to broken families. This year, with my leadership, it set records for both participation and funds raised. This is the type of group sporting event that promotes Kelowna as a caring community.
• I love my main sport, skiing – both inbounds and backcountry. With 14 years of experience coaching snowboard and ski racers in the Nancy Greene League in Ontario and full-time instructing/coaching at Whistler and Big White, I have extensive knowledge about the sport techniques, technology, and about individual learning requirements. My second outdoor sports interest is biking; downhill, enduro and road, through which I have experienced many trails and routes in the Kelowna, Nelson, and Whistler areas.
• In addition to my full-time ski and snowboard instructing, while attending university I have worked retail in the following industries:
• Outdoor clothing and gear 1 year
• Ski equipment 1 year
• Mobile phone sales 2 years
• Customer service 5+ years
I have obtained an education to complement my work experience and personal interests: Business Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing. In this endeavor, I have achieved high marks and been rewarded with bursaries and scholarships.
• 5 years experience in event activation and sponsorship
• BBA graduate in marketing from Okanagan College, Kelowna
• 4 years retail sales & 5 years B2B sales/sponsorship experience
• Positive, can-do attitude, with effective team management skills and can work independently
• Multi-tasking and highly organized
• Confident public speaking and very social
• 10+ years customer service experience
• Strong level of product knowledge, professional sales, and retail experience
**For more depth of my employment history, please refer to my resume**