DENISE M. LOURY
4660 LOS ALAMOS WAY UNIT C
OCEANSIDE, CA 92057
(760) 805-2043 (cell)
Passionate and energetic individual seeks the opportunity to use extensive and diverse skills in a challenging position in the accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, human resources, and tax preparation fields.
I am a fast learner and I am proficient in all areas of accounting (including bookkeeping, payroll and tax preparation) human resources, office management and administration. I am highly motivated, work well independently or on a team, and have the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks. My enthusiasm, along with my ability to adapt quickly to challenges, will be a benefit to your company.
Relevant Skills and Experience
Bookkeeping & Tax Preparation Oceanside, CA Bookkeeping/Tax Preparation 2004-Present
Accountemps, Inc./Robert Half Carlsbad, CA Bookkeeper/Tax Preparer 05/16 to 4/17
Herca Solar, Inc. Oceanside, CA Accountant/Payroll Specialist 09/15 to 01/16
EcoWater Systems of SD Oceanside CA Accting/Human Resource Mgr 01/14 to 09/15
Apple One, LLC San Marcos, CA Bookkeeper 06/13 to 09/13
RQ Construction, LLC Carlsbad, CA Payroll Specialist 12/11 to 11/12
Padgett Business Services San Marcos, CA Tax Preparer/Bookkeeper 01/11 to 04/11
Good People Employment San Diego, CA Contractor 2009-2010
Nobis Interactive, Inc. Carlsbad, CA Accting/Human Resource Mgr 2008-2009
Bandemer Accountancy Corp Carlsbad, CA Bookkeeper, Tax Preparer 2004-2008
Better Books and Taxes Vista, CA Bookkeeper, Tax Preparer 1999-2004
Communication and Job Skills
• I have most recently been employed by Accountemps, Inc./Robert Half Accounting, Inc (a temporary staffing agency) and my most recent assignment was working for a CPA Tax Practice in Fallbrook and Encinitas – the assignment started on 1/11/17 and ended on 4/18/17 – the end of tax season. I was working as a bookkeeper and tax preparer – this practice has a very heavy volume of bookkeeping and tax clients – all types, individual, corporate, partnerships, and fiduciary with over 500 tax clients. The firm uses QuickBooks software for bookkeeping and LaCerte tax software for tax preparation. Reference letters from this CPA Tax firm can be provided as well as from Accountemps, Inc. At this time, Accountemps, Inc. has no other assignments that are compatible with my background at my current hourly rate.
• My other assignment with Accountemps, Inc. that began 5/2/16, was in an accounting/bookkeeper role, filling a position for an employee that was out on medical leave, and was a temp to hire position. The company I was placed at was purchased by an outside corporation from Texas in 08/16 and my assignment with that company came to an end as the accounting department and my other duties were moved to their Texas headquarters on 1/10/17. On 1/11/17, I was placed at the assignment at the CPA Firm.
• Prior to my assignment at Accountemps, Inc. – I was the Accountant and Payroll Specialist of Herca Solar, Inc. (this corporation dissolved and closed in April 2016 and began laying off their employees in January 2016) – I performed all the Accounting and Human Resource Manager duties including payroll, accounts payable and receivable and issuing all the checks for the company, i.e., cost of goods sold, payroll etc. Herca Solar, Inc. was also a small family owned company like EcoWater, Inc. (the job I had prior to Herca Solar, Inc. – I left EcoWater, Inc. for a better position at Herca Solar, Inc.) where I was handling all the responsibilities of the bookkeeping and accounting of the numerous bank and credit card accounts – all assets and liabilities of the company (all maintained in QuickBooks 2013). I maintained all employee files of currently 65 employees and ten 1099 contractors (new hires, current and discharged employees and contractors) and the proper handling of all documentation by following employee policies and procedures for the company while following California and Federal labor laws.
• Also maintained proper reporting of payroll information such as pay rates, vacation time, sick leave, taxes, employee training hours, bonus and verify timecard entries as well as calculating commissions on all the part-time lead generators bi-weekly using ADP Payroll Software. I am very familiar and experienced with ADP Payroll Software because I utilize it on a daily basis and have utilized it for the last ten years. I handled all garnishments and levies, I also worked directly and closely with the CPA for monthly prepayment of sales tax and quarterly sales tax returns and assist with year end transactions for corporate and shareholder income taxes. I also worked directly with the owner of the company preparing financial reports for senior management.
• I maintained all the health insurance, general liability insurance, workman’s compensation insurance and auto insurance working directly with the brokers and assisting in annual audits and help answer the phones and assist with customer requests for service as best I can as I am an all around team player and will help with anything that needs to be done in the office, i.e., answering the phones, assisting employees, filing, etc.
• I oversaw the fleet of vehicles that the company owns of 30 vehicles maintaining the purchase and selling of the vehicles, all auto insurance, a current log of the drivers, reviewing the fuel reports that come in from the outside company that maintains the fuel cards for the employees, and the FasTrak responders and all licensing, registration renewal and employee DMV driver reports.
• I also was a Payroll Specialist at RQ Construction, Inc. primarily responsible for timely and accurate processing of approx 200 employees weekly payroll in adherence to corporate, federal, state, civic compliance and payment of all taxes (which includes federal and multi-state payroll regulations) and thorough knowledge of certified prevailing wage payrolls and compliance.
• Full-charge bookkeeper with specialties and advanced expertise in QuickBooks Pro accounting software servicing weekly, monthly and quarterly contract clients on-site at their location and in the office.
• CTEC licensed tax preparer since 2001, assisting in preparing tax returns for a client base of approximately 500 (individual, corporate, partnership, estate, etc.) for past employers.
• Accounting and Human Resource Manager at Nobis Interactive, Inc of approximately 25 employees.
• Assist the employer in supporting clients with straightforward, personalized service, while maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
• Assist in resolving issues or problem resolution for clients with IRS and other government agencies.
• Strong knowledge of invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, bank reconciliation, general ledger input, general ledger coding
• Twenty plus years processing payroll for in-state and multi-state for hourly and salaried employees and also processing the payroll tax return filings using ADP software and QuickBooks software and Viewpoint Construction Software in an accurate and timely manner, meeting all deadlines and having a complete understanding of all payroll related rules and regulations.
• Advanced expertise of administrative assistant and office management skills.
• Maintain a clean and orderly workspace in all my work environments.
Strong Sense of Responsibility
• Preserved confidentiality of clients and employees
• Took responsibility for learning new job functions
• Operated all office equipment according to office guidelines
• Maintained a positive attitude in busy and demanding environments