While at Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWIT), I performed help desk duties within a work study program at the college’s IT department. After two months, I made a move to an IT help desk position within the Facilities Management Group at CBRE on Microsoft’s Redmond campus. After CBRE, I successfully obtained a six month internship with Wolfe Networks in downtown Seattle.
My role at Wolfe was as a Junior Network Engineer. I have experience in the following areas:
• In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with a full range of layer 1-4 technologies and protocols (advanced layer 2; redundancy protocols, basic OSPF, limited BGP, and other routing protocols).
• Worked with CISCO IOS, IOS-XR, Nexus, Catalyst 2960, ASR 900,ASR 9000 series networking equipment
• Highly proficient in TCP/IP protocol suite, DNS and IP space management
• Network diagramming
• Implementing System Upgrades
• Understand network structure and design
• Fiber Experience and experience working with equipment in colocation
• ManageEngine IT work order ticketing system
• Customer service
At Wolfe I was responsible for tackling problems submitted from engineering and developing my own solutions. I quickly developed research capabilities to solve a problem if an immediate answer was not apparent. Over time I proved myself to be a valuable problem solver and could take calls on my own and provision services. With increased responsibility I maintained my ability to recognize when an issue was beyond my expertise and kept my supervisor informed accordingly.
Beyond hard technical skills, I am comfortable talking with customers and dealing with non-IT personnel. I have good written and oral communication skills. I am also proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I am confident that I can quickly assimilate into your company and develop into a competent and professional representative for your IT group.