25+ years of integrated marketing experience in retail & fashion industry (of which at
least 10 years in the capacity of marketing manager and above) with demonstrated
abilities in development of comprehensive brand/product communication and “creative” marketing strategy to activate strong brand presence, to enhance brand recognition, to drive growth in sales and loyalty in the market by implementing unconventional programs and initiatives.
More than 15 years of experience in retail/wholesale management with demonstrated abilities to drive growth in sales (for both retail and wholesale) by employing alternative methods/actions to explore/identify news sales channel; new account development; account management and new business developments; especially strong in retail operation management (store management range from flagship stores, free standing stores, SIS (shop-in-shops) and POS. Strong project management skill, control and relationship building of vendors/accounts, mainly in accessories, apparel and watch/jewelry business. Developed and possess strong connection with the major department stores and retailers, mainly in apparel, accessories, footwears and watch/jewelry business.
8 years of experience in the start-up IT venture firm structuring the business operation, hiring employees and driving revenue by establishing external relationship and opening new accounts (annual sales cumulated to JPY 3 billion) with specific focus on corporate e-marketing strategy consulting and planning, online marketing operation, sales/business development and various project management (web design/development, SEO, online advertising, affiliate marketing, e-mail marketing, database design/development, digital archiving, e-commerce). Expertise in social media and online marketing initiatives. Strong and diverse operations management experience involving planning, organizing and supervising processes, and implementation of relevant improvements for higher profitability; adjustments in everyday operation to support corporate strategic goals through deep analysis and measurement of current processes.
More than 5 years of experience in co-branding/collaboration/licensing project development and management, and strong track record in establishing business partnership/relationship leading to brand/product expansion/growth especially in Japan as well as in APAC regions.
Experience is extensive and diverse from new business start-up to successful turn-around of established operations of diverse markets in Japan, with business categories ranging from luxury consumer products, apparel, watch, jewelry, accessories and footwear brands. A proficient all-around marketing/sales management practitioner with a flair for new business leads/development and highly applicable background and exceptional leadership, communication, presentation and team building skills, and familiarity with the business and consumer environment in Japan. Bilingual Japanese national with fluency in spoken/written Japanese and English. Computer skills – Word, Excel, Power Point
LinkedIn Account: www.linkedin.com/in/joeshindo3358
1. Successfully build business operations at Analog Digital Farm from ground up, building talented teams, establishing external relationship, and developing new accounts. Annual revenue cumulated to JPY 3 billion in 8 years.
2. Brought into Maguchi a new business structure of retail/wholesale operation and management of overseas lifestyle brands such as Easy Watch by 1AR, Rinascimento (Murano glass products), Big Bubble Bags, mainly for western Japan Market, and generated new revenue source. Also developed new sales channel for existing flower/plant pot business and increased the revenue by 30% from the previous year.
1. Brand/product re-positioning in the market by implementing extensive communication strategy in advertising & PR by utilizing print/digital media, TV, radio, OOH, SNS for Swatch, Gravis Footwear, Folli Follie, BEDAT, Unoaerre, and leading to brand/product awareness and growth in sales
2. Business re-development at BEDAT with major department stores and retailers; new POS development and opening (increased number of POS from 35 to 38 within 10 months period).
3. During freelance business development consultant, led collaboration of Unoaerre with JALUX/Ringbell/United Arrows in development of exclusive jewelry collections. Supported search and development of new street-wear brands and initiation of retail/wholesale operation for 4REAL. Re-organized import distribution and business expansion of leather garments to major apparel brands in Japan market for Elixir.
4. Track record in establishing business partnership/relationship within APAC regions (Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Vietnam, Taiwan) during Folli Follie, Bedat&Co, Maguchi and freelance.
5. Successful logistics management (both inbound/outbound logistics, warehousing, protective packing, order fulfillment, stock control, maintaining equilibrilium between demand & supply, and stock management) of more than 1,600 beauty/cosmetic products (approximately 15,000 SKU’s) at NTT Logisco.
6. Co-branding plan, direction and management at Folli Follie with Fujitsu/Docomo in development of original cell phone and strap in 2009, and sold nationwide at Docomo stores/authorized dealers and selected Folli Follie stores. Wholesale of original cell phone strap cumulated to 240,000pcs in the value of JPY 240 million. Also, collaborated with Uniqlo in development of original T-shirts collection sold in March, 2010 at worldwide Uniqlo stores. Re-launch and new business development of Links of London. And Folli Follie/Links of London flagship stores opening in Tokyo, Aoyama.
7. Achieved highest sales record (since the brand inception to the Japan market) in 2005-2006 at Gravis Footwear by executing aggressive sales promotion activities with the trade. Plan development and execution of flagship store, Gravis Tokyo, opening in Harajuku.
8. Sales staff training program development with the training manager at Estee Lauder, Swatch and Folli Follie, and helped to create brand credibility/recognition in the market. Hiring of new marketing and sales department staff (directly and through recruiting agents) at Bedat, Folli Follie and Gravis Footwear, and built strong/well-balanced marketing/sales team in the organization.
9. Introduced and supported brand/POS expansion into the department store market for Nine West as external consultant during AD-Farm.
10. Increased number of SIS (shop-in-shop) at Swatch and managed establishing a new brand perception among the target audience by developing and executing extensive brand communication strategy focused on print media.
11. Website/e-commerce business development/management and implementation of online marketing. Development and implementation of e-marketing strategy to optimize corporate marketing operation and activities. Planning and execution of social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) to drive website traffic, new customer acquisition and enhance marketing communication.
*Initiated Maguchi corporate website renewal and e-commerce development
project with NTT Data Smart Sourcing Corp.
*Development and management of e-commerce business for Unoaerre.
*Developed global website of Folli Follie, as well as e-commerce and cell-phone site
for Japan, by working closely with HQ website development team.
*Planned and developed Gravis Tokyo (flagship store) communication/fan site at
*Management of digital archiving and database development for Issey Miyake, website design management for NHK Enterprise/NHK Educational/Levi Strauss Japan at Analog Digital Farm.