331.442.7048 • email@example.com
Senior Level Marketing, Sales and Business Development Leader
Kellogg MBA with Executive Leadership, Marketing, Sales and Operations, and Individual Contributor experience. Proven ability to deliver profitable business engagement with major CPG and Retail brands. Annual revenue of employers has ranged from $1M to $20B, both nationally and internationally. Led cross-functional teams ranging from 4 to 200, and managed P&L budgets in excess of $100M. Key skills include Defining, Simplifying and Delivering Cogent Marketing & Sales Messaging, Connecting Strategic Marketing to Tactical Sales Results, Cross-functional Team Collaboration, Channel Partner Relations, Identifying New Market Opportunities, Maximizing Marketing ROI and Public Speaking.
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Hanover Park, IL Present
VP, Strategic Marketing and Brand Management
Initially recruited by Division President to plan, design and implement a brand awareness campaign for both FUJIFILM client-facing teams and for brand owners within CPG, Retail and Corporate verticals. Quickly promoted to lead all marketing efforts for entire $500M Americas Region.
Durst Image Technology US, LLC • Rochester, NY 2014 – 2015
VP, Sales & Marketing
Sought out to lead all sales and marketing initiatives for this $60M leader in the large format digital printing arena. Singularly responsible for both strategic marketing positioning of a portfolio of ultra-premium solutions for print service providers and the more tactical aspects of leading the North American team of sales and application specialists. Notable successes include delivering the largest volume of equipment orders secured at a trade show in the history of the organization and implementing their first integrated CRM platform.
Madden • Chicago, IL 2010 – 2014
VP, Client Services, VP, Sales & Marketing, Director of Marketing
Recruited as this $200M organization's first Director of Marketing, reporting directly to the President.
Completed a full repositioning and rebranding in Year One.
- Complete website overhaul, launch of LinkedIn Company page and Development/Production of comprehensive sales collateral
Promoted to VP, Sales & Marketing in Year Two.
- Disbanded entire legacy sales team, recruited new resources and implemented state of the art outbound selling methodology. Outbound sales activities increased by 250%, resulting in an average of 20 introductory capabilities meetings with new prospects per quarter
Pitch, Inc. • Chicago, IL 2006 – 2010
Launched a Sub-Chapter S Corporation in 2006, focused on Strategic Marketing/Sales Consulting. Major engagement highlights:
- Tribal Brands, San Francisco (Mobile Marketing Agency): Recruited to open a Midwest Marketing & Sales office focused on clarifying market positioning and diversifying client base outside of wireless. CPG-based marketing and sales initiatives improved web traffic by 100% and new client revenues by 35% in Year One.
- SPARK Marketing Services, Chicago (CPG Branding Agency): Led a reinvention initiative with owners, resulting in a successful merger that doubled their revenue.
- Kaleidoscope, Chicago (Brand Packaging Consultancy): Developed strategic marketing framework to redefine go-to-market messaging to existing clients and targets, resulting in a 35% increase in new business pitches, 12 new channel partners and 10 new clients.
- HubCast, Boston (SaaS Digital Print Services): Simplified and Streamlined marketing messages and business development process, reducing client acquisition costs by 55%, while increasing North American revenues by 30%.
Capps Digital • Chicago, IL 2001 – 2006
President/CEO, CMO, Business Development Manager
Led 200+ employees in four distinct business models: creative, production, consulting and package design.
- Improved EBIT margins by 300% in Year One as CEO, while maintaining top line and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Directed international expansion of package design group to Paris, generating 25% revenue growth.
- Initiated global branding initiative to provide centralized “production platform” for Publicis Groupe, S.A., the world’s fourth largest communications holding company, by leading the opening of a New York office, resulting in $4M of profitable incremental revenue within 24 months.
Schawk • Grand Rapids, MI 1999 – 2001
VP, General Manager
Individually accountable for all operational aspects of this $12M creative services provider.
- Individually responsible for multi-million dollar client relationship with Kellogg’s.
- Managed 12 direct reports, and 75 indirect reports.
- Grew business by more than 40% in year one.
- Improved margins by 15% in year one by focusing on operational efficiencies.
Kodak • Omaha, St Louis, Chicago & Atlanta 1985 – 1999
Regional Sales Manager, Field Marketing Manager, Technical Sales Representative
- Personally generated incremental revenues of more than $25M in equipment and $275M
- Delivered average annual individual sales growth of 20%.
- Led cross-functional team of 17 sales and 6 field-marketing specialists, across 15 states, generating $115M in annual revenue.
- Presented strategic marketing programs to an average of 3,000 people annually.
Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 1997, MBA
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA, 1984, BBA, Cum Laude
Currently a Board member of both SGIA and Association for Print Technologies (formerly NPES), which includes Chairman of Government Affairs Committee.
Long history of active particpation in many print-centric business associations including: American Marketing Association, Brand Activation Association, Chicago Print Production Club, Direct Marketing Association, Henry Stewart International DAM Symposium, IDEAlliance - Co-Chair, Brand Owner Focus Group and Member of Planning Committee for annual Spectrum Conference, Institute of Packaging Professionals, IPA - Board Member & Chair of 2007 CEO/Business Development Conference, New York Association of Graphic Communications and Path to Purchase Institute.