MARCOA Media/Jumpcrew | March 2017 – November 2019
• Managed a team of designers and cartographers for MyBaseGuide military relocation publications, residential directories and chamber of commerce magazines.
• Responsible for concept, design, layout and visual direction of MARCOA products, ensuring high production standards from five employees.
• Hired and trained graphic design staff in all aspects of the design process.
• Prioritized department workflow and assigned projects/tasks to team members according to deadlines.
• Worked closely with production, editorial and contracting departments to determine scheduling.
• Maintained previous responsibilities of Senior Graphic Composer.
Senior Graphic Composer
MARCOA Media | May 2006 – March 2017
• Managed a team of graphic designers throughout all stages of publication production for MyBaseGuide and residential directories.
• Designed spec publication materials — including covers, tabs, inserts and online fliers — for Department of Defense contract proposals.
• Created print-ready files of relocation guidebooks, CD jackets, labels and online fliers for outside vendors.
• Proof-read, reviewed and released bluelines of all publications from in-house graphic designers in preparation for computer-to-plate (CTP).
• Trained new employees on graphic design department procedures.
• Maintained previous responsibilities of Graphic Composer.
MARCOA Publishing, Inc. | May 2000 – May 2006
• Designed covers, editorial and telephone directories under tight deadlines to meet customer needs.
• Spearheaded MARCOA’s substantial “Hawaii Military” magazine, a key revenue project covering all military installations in Hawaii.
• Performed press checks of publications, edited/color-corrected photos to ensure print quality.
• Worked closely with other departments throughout production process; kept supervisors informed of status of projects.
• Prepared interactive versions of all publications for digital distribution via the Internet and CDs.
Graphic Designer/Production Supervisor
Wells Publishing, Inc. | March 1998 – April 2000
• Led production team creating two bimonthly trade magazines.
• Performed and supervised layout, typesetting, ad design, scanning and output of magazines, ensuring all deadlines were met.
• Daily interaction with industrial printers, including arranging price quotes and performing press checks of materials.
Wells Publishing, Inc. | October 1993 – March 1998
• Designed covers, editorial spreads and full-page layouts for insurance industry publications; designed promotional ads, media kits, stationery and reprints.
El Mexicano Newspaper | October 1991 – October 1993
• Responsible for design, layout and production of Spanish advertisements, including typesetting, paste-up, copywriting and proofreading.