GENE F. GALVIN, CPM
720 Raymond Avenue #4, Santa Monica, CA 90405
Cell: 310-849-7809 / Home: 310-392-5208
PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
Dynamic, highly skilled professional with extensive experience managing purchasing and materials functions for organizations with annual spends exceeding $250M. Expertise in Sourcing Technology and Capital equipment, supplies, and other professional services. Establish and foster effective relationships with suppliers while driving lower costs and continuous improvement; monitor vendor performance to ensure procurement policies, processes, and metrics are adhered to and that all company, corporate, and legal requirements are met. Research competitive pricing data and relay information to key decision makers. Develop strategic industry models for key commodities to support cost, quality, and supply initiatives. Exhibit comprehensive knowledge of procurement principles, theories, and processes; holds lifetime CPM designation. Resourceful and bottom-line oriented leader with persuasive communication and negotiation skills. Valued, respected, and trusted business partner recognized for exceptional work ethic and high professional standards.
Core competencies include:
Coupa/Peoplesoft/Oracle • Contract Management • Material Resource Planning (MRP) • Inventory Control
Cost Control/Containment • Supplier Management • Supply Chain Planning • Shipping & Receiving
Budgeting • Resource Allocation • Regulatory Compliance • Forecasting • Process Improvement
CITY NATIONAL BANK 2014-2020
PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS MANAGER, LOS ANGELES,CA.
• Work with Sourcing Team to process strategic IT projects, including acquisition of software licenses, software implementation & integration projects, and IT infrastructure projects such as network services, IT security services, and cloud solutions.
• Work with business and IT project managers to define business requirements, including supplier performance management
• Identify & qualify potential suppliers
• Lead sourcing efforts within cross-functional teams through to entire sourcing process, including final contracting phase
• Evaluate business opportunities to maximize cost savings and to ensure the best service, quality, supplier capability, and conformance to CNB's corporate standards and policies
• Negotiate supplier contracts using templates and facilitating process with Legal, stakeholder and suppliers.
• Research and analyze spend data to quantify business decisions and identify opportunities.
• Develop sourcing strategies that support and comply with CNB's objectives related to cost savings, supplier diversity, social and environmental standards.
• Ensure all sourcing activities, sourcing decisions and contracts comply with CNB's Policies related to Supplier Code of Conduct, Supplier Diversity, Social and Environmental Sustainability.
• Provide industry trend information to IT and business units with respect to sourcing practices and contracting models.
• Drive sourcing strategies with key business stakeholders.
• Provide stakeholders with tools and best practices to use in evaluating and managing current and potential suppliers.
• Create multi-million dollar recommendations for review and approval by stakeholder department leadership
• Drive continuous improvement through category management
PURCHASING AND MATERIALS MANAGER
Accountable for all results of department (financial,HR,budget,etc.), responsible for relationships with department heads, A team and C levels within the hospital; represents supply chain for major committee meetings (local product committees; risk management,etc. Implements product conversions as approved by the VATs and local product committees.
• Responsible for all the activities of the materials management department in the hospital including capital equipment acquisitions, approval processes, service contracts,etc.
Responsible for managing costs and generating revenue at the hospital and drives compliance to contracts.
• Develops and promotes a customer –focused orientation toward materials management and promotes a collaborative culture between Materials, Medical and Nursing.
• Attends meetings regading infection control, value analysis and emergency preparedness.
• Develops leading practice policies and procedures in stock purchasing , inventory control, receiving and storage.
• Oversees the hospital vendor management program to ensure vendors are credentialed and approved at hospital.
• Participates in presentations and meetings regarding processes to increase efficiencies , inventory turns , audits, contract implementation , savings and achievement, etc.
CERES-INC., Malibu/Thousand Oaks, CA 2001–2009
Biofuels and Genetic engineering company
Purchasing Manager – Operations
Oversaw purchase of raw materials for two sites. Negotiated with vendors and monitored supplier performance in relation to service level agreements; made certain that quality of materials aligned with product specifications. Consulted with finance department regarding supply spending and budgeting. Maintained and updated list of approved suppliers. Controlled transportation costs and payment terms to meet key corporate objectives. Ensured compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations.
• Continuously evaluated existing and potential supply base in order to secure most competitive contracts while ensuring highest quality products.
• Researched materials and IT technology, cost trends, and other competitive information; communicated findings and latest industry developments to senior leadership and R&D associates.
• Maintained systems documenting purchasing/planning activities; identified and recommended improvements to existing systems to increase efficiency and enhance accessibility of information.
• Appointed as company-wide Oracle trainer.
ALPHA THERAPEUTIC CORPORATION, Los Angeles, CA 1997–2001
$400M pharmaceutical company
Senior Purchasing Agent
Coordinated purchase of all packaging and printing materials. Controlled inventory of raw materials. Provided back-up support for purchasing of chemicals, filters, tubing, and other supplies.
• Collaborated with regulatory and marketing divisions on new product design which resulted in considerable cost reductions.
EDUCATION & AFFILIATIONS
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
California Coast University
Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
Member – Institute of Supply Chain Management, Los Angeles Chapter
Proficient with Coupa, Service Now, Peoplesoft/Oracle, Remedy, MFG/Pro database; IntelliOrder, Dunn & Bradstreet and McCormick & Dodge ERM databases; ASK Man-Man database and MS Office Suite.
References available upon mutual interest