Global marketing professional experienced in developing and implementing strategic plans, annual brand plans, and overall communication for brands in traditional and online venues. Demonstrated history of building and maintaining relationships and managing key partners to grow and develop markets. Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams, handle multiple projects with tight deadlines, and remain on time and within budget.
ACCOLADE WINES NORTH AMERICA, LTD. - Napa, California 2015-Present
Head of Marketing & DTC/Senior Brand Manager
Responsible for the strategic direction of 13 domestic and import brands, partnering with sales and finance to deliver profitable growth and brand health of portfolio. Oversee brand planning and positioning in wholesale, consumer, and DTC channels with domestic and international scope. Part of the global brand development team and North American leadership team.
• Identified opportunity and drove creation of a new brand from concept to go-to-market, reaching brand growth of 28% YOY in its second year in market.
• Set global direction and drove re-positioning of California wine brand resulting in 64% increase in brand mark preference and visibility.
• Exceeded industry engagement averages and CPM targets for PR and social media, leading agency in strategic planning, pitching, influencer partnerships, and promotional campaigns.
• Reduced extraneous spend by $600K, ensuring future budget allocation aligned with brand growth objectives.
• Key member of global product team, providing input into new product stream, and determining US portfolio and market entry strategy for import brands.
NAPA VALLEY VINTNERS - Napa, California 2015
International Marketing Manager
In charge of strategy, planning, budget, and execution of international programs for Napa Valley Vintners.
• Oversaw country managers in execution of in-market initiatives including trade missions, regional trade and consumer promotions, and trade shows, driving increased awareness of Napa Valley wines.
• Led annual planning and budgeting process, development of grant proposals, and management of spend.
FOLIO FINE WINE PARTNERS – Napa, California 2011-2014
Developed and implemented long range plans and brand strategies for import and domestic brands. Main contact and manager of supplier relationships. Wrote and presented business reviews to key constituents, driving decisions across all aspects of the brands’ business.
• Delivered over $1.8 million in net revenue managing eight brands with origins in US, Italy, and Austria.
• Improved sales team in-market effectiveness by developing incentive strategies for sales to utilize with distributor, resulting in over 20% growth in business and achieving 9% growth over plan.
• Established annual depletion goals by brand and SKU, prioritizing growth drivers and determining strategy for slow and no-growth SKUs, strengthening revenue across the portfolio.
• Launched private label brand in concert with national accounts team, driving revenue of over $500K in the first two months. Launch deemed the most successful private label launch to-date by the retailer partner.
• Analyzed market dynamics and developed profitability models, defining target SRPs, depletion goals, and promotional support, to ensure gross profit margin target was met or exceeded.
SONOMA VALLEY VINTNERS – Sonoma, California 2010-2011
Marketing Director for Sonoma Valley Vintners & Growers responsible for creating and managing integrated brand marketing campaigns, social media, and direct marketing initiatives for B2B and B2C.
BURT’S BEES, INC – Raleigh, North Carolina 2007-2009
International Marketing Manager
Determined marketing and communication strategy for new and existing products in export markets, overseeing all aspects of the marketing mix in trade and consumer channels. Represented the company and presented the brand to sales teams, distributors, and key retailers. Provided insight to strategic business units and product development teams ensuring international perspective was captured in company’s strategic plans.
• Led annual planning and program execution for existing and new markets, including product mix, target SRPs, channel strategy, and promotions. Achieved growth of 45% in 2007, 40% in 2008, 11% in 2009.
• Determined launch strategy for two new product lines, reaching 8% of sales revenue in the first 12 months.
• Directed UK team and PR agency in the design and development of branding and communications efforts reaching $4.4M in revenue in first full year as a subsidiary office.
• Partnered with regional GMs, finance, and regulatory team to determine new market entry strategies, launching 9 new markets in 2008/2009 and formalizing a partnership with Sephora.
• Analyzed gifting strategy, defined market requirements, and gained alignment from regional teams, driving development of internationally relevant gift packs that contributed $800k+ in revenue annually.
BOISSET AMERICA – Sausalito, California 2005-2006
Global Brand Manager, DeLoach Vineyards
Determined global brand strategy and re-launch including pricing, production, product allocation, and channel strategy. Increased sales 15% in first six months through development and implementation of multi-faceted sales and marketing programs.
• Doubled export orders to Canada in the first four months through development of first Canadian export plan, and management of the importer distributor partner.
• Set global FOBs and SRPs for brand, working with internal sales teams and importer partners to implement pricing programs that generated sales while maintaining target margins.
• Defined channel strategy for domestic and export markets, and developed first chain strategy for the brand.
• Reduced excess inventory by over 25% and brought inventory levels back in line with forecasts through management of existing and projected future inventory requirements, including premium wine allocations.
• Directed PR and creative agencies in development of product release communications, events, packaging, brochures, and trade tools to ensure brand communications were in line with long-term goals and image.
ROBERT MONDAVI INC. – Napa, California 2000-2004
Associate Manager, International Business (2000-2004) & New Products (2004)
Developed and implemented long-range strategic plans and annual brand plans for one million case wine portfolio in export markets, driving $43M in revenue. Responsible for overseeing export initiatives including sales incentives, market blitzes, internal and external presentations, trade shows, and regional programming. Allocated and managed budgets of over $2M.
• Developed communication strategy and tools to support new package launch and educate key customers on product quality enhancements, resulting in a 35% lift in listings in retail outlets and restaurants.
• Negotiated media buy and directed development of premium wine advertising campaign for Canadian market, which resulted in a 20% lift in sales during the campaign launch year.
• Conducted a global price benchmarking study across key competitors, determining feasibility of various price points and establishing appropriate retail pricing and FOBs to maintained target margins.
Master of Pacific International Affairs, International Management, UC San Diego
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, University of San Francisco
Master Certificate, Internet Marketing, University of San Francisco
Business experience in Canada, UK, Continental Europe, Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand and Australia. Wine Industry Research in Chile and South Africa; Study Abroad in Germany, Greece, and Guatemala; Travel throughout South and Central America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Turkey, India, Nepal, and the Balkans.
Spanish proficiency, working knowledge of French