GENERAL DIRECTOR | VICE-PRESIDENT
Vast expertise successfully leading in the Top Management, working in diverse positions, constantly expanding my accountabilities, solid career in a variety of areas, such as: sales, mkt, entertainment, communications, media, ad sales, content sales, licensing, digital, retail, consumer products, promotions, theatrical, sponsorships, events, new business, publicity and production, as well as others.
More than 15 years managing 100% of P&L’s, strategically operating budgets for approximately $1,500 million pesos annually, always with percentages of growth vs. the past years & vs. the budgets, maximizing revenues.
Extraordinary relations and contacts in the market with top executives. Outstanding ability to develop world class teams, and to achieve positive results with my peers and superiors. Committed to establish a long term win win relationship to the organizations that I form part of, trustworthy, honest and loyal.
Permanent goal achiever and relevant new business implementer. Extensive experience on strategic areas with a 360º vision in the corporations.
Decision maker in adverse situations, facility to manage ambiguity, solve problems in different contexts in a creative and innovative way. Adaptability to change with an effective communication in all organization levels. All obtained results working as an integral part of the team.
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY 1996 - 2019
General Director Disneymedia Mexico 2009 - 2019
Total control of the Multimedia Group with 100% P&L accountability, leading a team of 6 direct reports and +20 collaborators, managing an annual Budget of +$600 million pesos, reporting directly to the Regional Vice-President of Latin America.
In charge of all the strategies of the commercial areas, sales, ad sales, promotions, sponsorships, digital: Social Media, Maker (You Tube) & Mobile, Pay TV channels: Disney, Fox & ESPN (sports), free TV (Output Deals with TV Azteca), radio, printed media, live events, licensing, franchises (Disney, Marvel, Lucas, Pixar, etc.), new businesses, Ecommerce, retail, among others.
In this position, achieved more than 30% CAGR in 10 years, by implementing the following:
• Took Pay TV from $24 million pesos (2009) to +$190 million pesos (2019), considering all brand restrictions, auto regulations and Mexican laws in the family channels.
• Successfully built +7 different media platforms, achieving the leadership and consolidation of the 360° model, unique in the market, when I started with only one platform in Pay TV.
• Overpassed expectations in fiscal year 2019, with excellent results, increasing +8% vs. Budget and +17% vs. 2018.
• Developed the expansion strategies, with media agencies and with the most important clients, growing from 37 to +200 active clients.
• Working together with finance, implemented all the deals and policies for a maximum 60 credit days, achieving 0% of negative debt.
• Designed a cost reduction model, which allowed the maximization of the profitability and the margins in promotions from 38% to +72%, as well as constant rate cards incremental of +5% annually.
• Assigned to train the commercial team, living in Japan for a period of 3 months (2012), to create the area in that territory and replicate the best practices of Mexico, in the general management of the Multimedia Group.
Commercial Director Mexico 2003 - 2009
Head of all strategies for the “Out Of Home” business: Retail, DVD’s, Blu-ray’s, Videogames and Music, with 100% accountability in the P&L’s, and in charge of the sales goals.
Managed 5 direct reports (among them the Director that managed key accounts such as: Walmart, Sams, etc.) and +30 collaborators which operated with the retailers and with the informal market, reporting directly to the Licensing & Sales Vice-President.
• Created the commercial programs with consumer products, achieving annually, +40 retail projects, with + 35% growth in purchase orders for different categories and licensors.
• Vertical integration of new business (Sony Pictures Home Entertainment), breaking the records in the industry share with +50% in all the market (HE).
• Generated a written no returns policy and no discounts previously authorized, achieving a maximum of 15% returns each year, selling +10 Million Blu-rays annually.
Senior Sales and Marketing Manager, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean 1999 – 2003
Key Account Manager, Mexico 1996 - 1999
Sales and Marketing Supervisor 1995 – 1996
New Business Executive 1994 - 1995
Halco Corporation (Consumer Products Mexico Representation)
Operations and Finance Executive 1990 – 1994
- Postgraduate Degree in Top Management, IPADE University, Mexico 2008 - 2009
- MBA, Iberoamericana University, Mexico 1999 - 2000*
- Business Administration, Intercontinental University, Mexico 1989 - 1994
Training / Global Expansion
Participated in diverse courses and seminars during my professional career in subjects such as: human resources and public relations, so as global 360º in London & Buenos Aires. Additional topics: Workforce of the future in Latin America. Intro, EIP, GAP & Master, Ontology Coaching. Dynamic reading. Sales. Winning through strategic marketing. Consumer service. Global leadership in the Disney Institute in Orlando, Florida, among others.
Bilingual: Spanish and English.